20 January 2008

Important Velib news




They're building a new Velib station at the end of our street! It's just opposite the end of Rue des Ecouffes on the other side of the Rue St. Antoine. Looks like a decent sized station as well - maybe 20 terminals. This will shave another few seconds off my journey to work.. I've recently decided the fastest way to get to st michel RER is not to cycle over to the rue st jacques and then leave the bike at the back entrance, as I was dong before, but instead to cycle to the station at the marche aux fleurs and then walk to the little hidden entrance next to the hotel Dieu. This also avoids having to cycle the wrong way down the rue de la Huchette, which is usually deserted when I'm cycling to work anyway, but sometimes has a dustcart or a large delivery lorry in it. If you've ever been to Paris as a tourist you'll probably remember the rue de la Huchette - it's the narrow street parallel to the river packed with cheap restaurants of variable quality.

No comments: